SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theredhouse_gw

Would this chair work in my living room?

TheRedHouse
10 years ago

Hey everyone, I want a new chair for my living room. I currently have a mission style rocker in the corner next to the fireplace and it just doesn't work now that I've replaced other pieces of furniture. The cat put many holes in the upholstery by using it as springboard to jump onto the mantel, so I'm really ready for something new.

I have an English roll arm sectional and a vintage laurel mushroom floor lamp. I want a chair that can be a visual bridge between the two - in style and/or form. I'm also looking to bring the brass finish of the lamp and the silver color of the coffee table into harmony.

I already own everything in this mock-up but the chair, the pillow and the brass planter. The brass planter would go on the other side of the mantel. The room color is close to the background in the lower left. It looks gray in the mantel photo, but it's not like that IRL.

I like the style of this Lee Industries chair, do you think it works with the couch and the lamp? I'd get it a light neutral fabric (this one looks a little too creamy) I'd also love to hear end table ideas for chair/lamp corner.

This post was edited by TheRedHouse on Sat, Feb 8, 14 at 19:17

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!