SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kmu52

Attic Master Bedroom Color Help!

kmu52
13 years ago

I am having the hardest time picking a paint color for our newly almost-finished attic master. It is relatively large room with a window at each end but still pretty dark overall due to the slanted ceiling and angles. To keep it light we chose natural birch built ins and trim. A light neutral carpet will be used. We want a clean more modern look.

I was hoping to find bedding for inspiration but haven't found it yet. We always seem drawn to blues and my hubby wants blue or a color to contrast the wood. I have tried a couple blue/gray SW paints that were too dark. I am considering sampling SW North Star. Has anyone tried this?

On the other hand I worry that a 'color' will lock us into one style or color palette, so was thinking a light neutral tan/beige would be best and add color with bedding, art, etc. Have tried a few samples and mixed my own but ended up being too gold/yellow.

I really need advice regarding which direction to go and also specific colors to try. I prefer SW b/c they are in town but they say they can match BM too. Lowes is also close by. I'm very confused and any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks:)

Comment