SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akarinz

Hello Everyone - It's a Go!

akarinz
16 years ago

I am so excited and nervous, I just signed the contract with my general this week and work will start March 31, with an estimated completion date of July 31. I am having my garage rebuilt (bigger), kitchen/living room walls taken down, so I have a "great" room, complete kitchen remodel and adding 400 sq. feet.

I am nervous, because I am a single mom, who works full time and am team mom again for little league this season.

The amount of research I have been doing has been overwhelming. So far I have settled on a Kitchen Aid beverage center, Samsung refrigerator and an American Range. I just got off with Josh at Dvorson's and ordered the range, because they are having a significant price increase tomorrow.

I still have to make decisions on the dishwasher, whether to go with a Miele (not sure I like the silverware drawer) or a double drawer dishwasher. My kitchen is pretty small, so not sure about the microwave yet. I just saw today the microwave drawer, which is interesting.

I plan on getting the TapMaster, but not sure yet which one, as I haven't really figured out their web site. I plan on getting the blumotion for the drawers and cabinets. Also the NTMotion. Not sure on the sink or garbage disposer type, nor the sink. Also not sure on the lighting over the island.

I will also have a 3 ft X 7 ft pantry. I am not sure how the inside of the pantry should be set up. Wood shelves, wire, distances etc.

I will be posting periodically for help (and emotional support). If anyone sees anything I have overlooked at this point, please, please let me know.

Thank you everyone for being here!

Karin

P.S. My kitchen is going to be the "old world"/tuscan style.

Comments (5)