SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colorblind1961

Would this Tile Work?? Photoshop Anyone??

colorblind1961
14 years ago

I'm back again, asking for more advice - this time it involves picking between two tiles for my kitchen backsplash.

The tile in the middle is a natural travertine in a warm caramel color, the one on the far right is also travertine but in a rustic orange color. Both have a lot of texture in them. (Don't mind the decorative tile on the far left). The tiles pictured are 4 x 4, but we will be installing 6 x 6.

{{!gwi}}

Here's the dilemma: Both my DH and I LOVE color and are leaning towards the rusty orange tile (installed on the diagonal) because it really picks up on the rust color in our granite. Obviously, the caramel tile would be the safer and more neutral way to go, but we are absolutely not neutral people.

What are your thoughts on this tile selection? Could we get away with an all rusty-orange backsplash? How would it look? I've reviewed the Kitchen Eye Candy post in the gallery and saw very few colored backsplashes - most were neutral.

We would like all one color, no accent tiles, as the granite is very busy. Here's a picture of my kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

All your help and advice are very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!