Hi, new to this board...

wendylynders

My name is Wendy. I am the mother of three... 20, 17 and 3.

I guess I feel the need to be here as my son has autism and is in the hospital now. He will be in a group home/ assisted living when he leaves the hospital.

I miss him everyday. I am having a really hard time with it. It just isn't supposed to be this way.

We are just now trying to make others aware of autism as many people don't understand it. Also, one in 150 children born today are diagnosed with autism, so it is a huge number. Awareness and research is a must.... but support for those that have it is just as important.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Autism awareness and resources, our family blog

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
magicgran

I am so sorry. There are so many sad things that happen in life. Why is your dear son in the hospital? Is it connected with his autism or an unrelated illness?

What would be your preferred situation for him rather than the group home?

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stargazzer

Sorry to hear this. If I had it to do over I would never let my children have the shots they give children, because of the aluminum and mercury in the shots. I read a report of tests they did in California. They took a certain area and gave the usual children's shots, but they left out the mercury and those young children did not have problems they are having now. Our grandson has one of the problems and he has to take meds or he can't go to school.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Woodworking How to Clean and Care for Your Butcher Block
Keep butcher block counters and boards looking sharp as a knife — and sanitized for safe food prep — with this advice from a pro woodworker
Full Story
Porches A Screened-In Porch Communes With Nature
Lush forest views provide an idyllic backdrop for a Midwestern family's board games, coffee breaks and warm-weather dinners
Full Story