SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita1950

Abeka - 5th Grade...Help!!!

nita1950
21 years ago

My son is going to attend a christian school next year in 5th grade that uses the Abeka Curriculum. (He has been attending this school for several years). I met with the 5th grade teacher and she went over each subject with me. Lots of work. She also mentioned that the Abeka Program does not allow for outside sports program. My son plays 1 sport a season...basketball and soccer. They will offer volleyball next year, along with soccer and basketball for the first time. ALso she informed me that they have MANY projects to include a very detailed research paper, science progject, bug study on 17 insects, and others. They will have homework even on the week-ends. Another parent told me that I can forget family week-ends also. My husband travels a lot and our weekends are so important. She said that her son was daily consumed with assignments all week and week-ends and that she pulled him out and put him in public school.

My son is a B-C student.

Do any of you have experience with the Abeka Program for 5th grade? I am a little worried. Nita

Comments (9)

Sponsored