SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinson2_gw

Help w/new kitchen cabinet paint finish--please!

robinson2
15 years ago

[I posted this over on the kitchen forum a couple of days ago, but no responses so far. I hope someone here can help me out. Thanks!!]

I'm ordering new cabinets next week, which will be painted at the factory. I'm having them painted with the same warm white BM paint (don't have the number handy) as the trim throughout my house, so I can touch them up later, if need be. I've seen a couple of mentions in this forum about following up a spray-painted with a brushed-on coat so touch-ups blend in, but can't find details. I don't want to end up with a perfect, but unfixable, sprayed-on finish when the inevitable dings occur.

[BTW, I did check the Paint forum on painting kitchen cabinets, but most of that has to do with painting existing cabinets, not specifying a factory finish. I ran across several references to "Michael's (brushworks) guide" for painting kitchen cabinets, but couldn't locate that either.]

From what I've read, it sounds like the information I'm looking for exists somewhere in these forums, and I'd be truly grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many thanks!

Comments (4)