SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zzzoey_gw

Help...my carefully planned neutral gray is blue-gray

zzzoey
14 years ago

Hello all. This is my first post and I am looking for suggestions...........

Despite about a month of internet research looking for a neutral gray (no blue, green or purple undertones) the one I chose sure enough DID end up looking a blueish gray. And it's not just one room, but a combination living room, dining room,kitchen.

I wanted to use a BM paint, but the girl who works in my local BM dealership should NOT be allowed to work with the public. She was absolutely no help and acted like she was doing me a big favor. Soooo I went to Lowe's. I brought about six different gray sample chips home and taped them to my white walls. The two I eventually chose were Valspar "Woodsmoke" and "Vantage Gray." which REALLY looked a true gray.

As I stated, they are now a blueish gray and I can't really afford to hire the painter to redo all of them.

So I'm looking for ways to brighten and warm the room up. In the living room I currently have light/medium laminate flooring, white plantation shutters, a bamboo area rug, and tannish color sofa. I have ordered an off-white twill sofa cover.

What else can I do with the rooms? The living room specifically. Would a red or orange area rug work? What color pillows? etc., etc.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Comments (3)