SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nini804

Please share pictures of your window over your sink!

nini804
13 years ago

We were going to do an arched valance over our sink window to sort of tie in the cabinetry on either side, but for a few reasons, we would have to move my alreadly installed window 4 inches lower to get the valance to sit properly over the window (the molding at the top of the 42" cabinets is 9" stacked, and there is 8" of crown molding at the top of the 10' ceilings,yes, I love molding, lol!) Anyway, all of the pictures the kd drew of raising it and making it deeper just looked kind of "off." It sort of looked like a "roof" over my sink. I think we are just leaving it off, with nothing connecting the cabinets on either side of the sink. My designer said we could do some sort of a fabulous window treatment instead, or something. I am generally not a huge fan of window treatments in the kitchen, but am open to being "wowed." :) I had plantation shutters in my previous house, and really liked those, so I could do that, plus I thought I could do something extra special with the window trim since it would show more (make it super big and wide, you know, more molding!) Anyway I would love to see pictures of what you did over your sink window to get inspired!

Comments (2)