SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zpeg

Ellen Kennon Paint

zpeg
17 years ago

I'd love some help from anyone who's used EK Paints. I'm fascinated by full-spectrum paints. I want to paint my north facing kitchen and adjoining north facing family room. The other rooms which are within 'eyeshot' of those rooms are currently Benjamin Moore "Mosaic Tile", a sagey green. (However, I am open to painting those rooms w/ Ellen Kennon as well, so it's not absolutely necessary that the kitchen/FR coordinate w/ the others.)

The (small) kitchen has natural maple cabinets, uba tuba granite(dark green/black), stainless/black appliances and oak floors. Maple is a tough color to work with, because some colors make it look pinky, others orangy or yellow. There is very little wall space, but I do have french doors on 2 walls which involve a lot of trim, which I'd like to paint as well (a different color than the walls).

The family room furnishings are as neutral as you can get, so I think that whatever I use in the Kitcken would go.

I don't like reds,'obvious' blues, yellows. I'm drawn to sages, silvery 'grayed down' blues, grays, deep browns. I guess sea and nature colors. Ellen Kennon's 'Lichen" is nice, but with maple? I dunno!

So, if anyone has any thoughts on a couple of Ellen Kennon colors for my kitchen and family room, I'd sure love your opinions!

Many thanks!

Comments (4)