SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelligirl_gw

BM WB Satin Impervo Chalking

kelligirl
13 years ago

I recently painted my kitchen cabs. The process has taken me a few months, (not much time outside Full Time Employment) as I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, and I've been diligent about cleaning, sanding, vacuuming, etc. between each coat. I brushed the boxes, and sprayed the doors and drawer fronts with an HVLP - two coats of BIN and more than couple coats of Waterborne Satin Impervo. I put the last coat on the doors and drawers almost two weeks ago and they've not yet been reinstalled because I wanted to give them time to fully cure. They are currently laid out flat in my garage/basement (not on the ground).

Here's the issue: there is a chalky dust on them when I run my hands over them. I can't be certain if it's paint "chalking" or simply dust settling on them from being in the garage. I'm afraid if it's chalking maybe I thinned the paint too much in order to be able to spray it, or that I learned too late in the project that I didn't have to be so timid with the sprayer, and should've been laying down thicker or wetter coats...? (It certainly shouldn't be due to "inferior" paint as I though BM WB Impervo was high quality...)

If it is chalking...will it continue to chalk forever, or is there an extent at which it will stop (if that makes sense)? Or, is the only way to remedy to re-prime and re-paint?

Advice?

Comments (8)