SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cfmuehling

Sherwin Williams ?s

cfmuehling
13 years ago

Hi all!

For many reasons, not in the least the discount I get, I am most likely going to use SW paints in every room in my house -- as soon as I get the drywall up, trim down, blah blah.

I'd like to know what the SW equivalents, if any, would be:

Regular primer:

I understand from many pros, that kilz is made for drywall and the best to use. I happen to have 5gals of this, anyway, so I'll use it. Unless otherwise advised, is there a better SW primer for walls?

Primer for cabs:

I keep reading STIX. SW Equivalent?

Primer for trim:

I don't have any trim yet, so I'm open to opinions on trim itslef, preprimed, bare wood, poly, whatever, then how to treat it best.

Paint for cabs & trim:

I keep reading Cabinet Coat and am pretty convinced this is the way I'll need to go.

However, does SW have something like this?

I've also recently been advised to use marine paint on my trim, and also Duroclad. The painters say this is hard & clean. Opinions? Equivalents?

Oh - and finally:

Behr advertises a primer & paint product. Is there something SW sells that would be the same for ceilings? I'm very short and moving that *@)#*@ ladder makes me crazy. Once would be best.

Before you suggest it, I've talked with two SW locations. I haven't given up, but the prepubescent, monosylabic, texting teenagers manning the stores were carelly consistant in recommending that I talk with someone who knows. Bobbing heads in agreement, they suggested, "Yeah, dude. That'd be the way to go."

Kind of discouraging, but I read they're an excellent product & finances are insanely important. (I just got heat installed, 6 years after a house fire.) I want to do things once, right, and without regrets.

Thank you for your opinions and advice.

Christine

Comments (7)