Please help - Mother of 13yr old boy
17 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (7)
- 17 years ago
Related Discussions
Birthday Party Ideas for 13yr. old Girl
Comments (3)How many kids? All girls or boys and girls? What type of budget? Maybe they (all girls) would like a home spa sleepover. The girls could really do up their finger and toenails. Not just one coat of whatever color, but take care of cuticles, put on a top coat, maybe do decorative designs. They could do up each other's hair in all kinds of wild ways. Fun scented lotions would be good. Oh, some kind of green goo facial mask would be fun. Cucumber for the eyes. And of course, loads of pictures of the whole process. They could take plain pillow cases and decorate them using fabric markers....See MoreHelp!! Paint color choices for 3 year old boy's room
Comments (1)I did a room using that border. I used two borders actually - there was a wider one with trucks, etc. in addition to the train one you posted. DISCLAIMER: These pictures are not the greatest, but thought they might help none the less. I woolied two blues on the majority of the walls. Super easy. Ended up looking like light blue denimn. Prior to the blue woolie, I Taped off a horizontal band and painted a solid yellow. Hung BOTH borders within the painted yellow band to make it look like one large border. I dropped it down from the ceiling about 16 inches so it would be down where the little guy could see it better and maybe enjoy it more. Loved this room and wish I had better pictures. Bed in its natural state :-)...See More6 yr old boy bedroom ideas? Please?
Comments (17)I just painted me boys' room, age 6 and 3. I wanted something fun and bright, but was hestitant to go with a theme because they will outgrow it before I have time to paint again. I did a really rich blue wall (medium to dark color - I just found a blue shirt I really liked, then used it to pick a paint color.) The blue really pops with the trim I painted white, their white dresser and warm pine colored beds. Then, I painted 3 stripes about 1 foot from the ceiling - thin white (about 1 inch thick), then a thin band of the wall color, then red (about 10 inches thick), then a band of the wall color, then thin white again. It goes all the way around the room, and adds some serious pizzaz and helps to make the space appear larger. I did the same stripe in my last house at chair rail height, and stenciled some Dr Seuss words on it for a more juvenile effect. You could stencil any shapes you wanted, or use those wall stickups if you wanted a theme. Then I added red/blue plaid quilts, and some fun artwork, some red/blue striped curtains with white curtain rod, etc. It is super cute and they won't outgrow it anytime soon, I hope! To the person looking for surfboards, I saw one seller who makes them on ebay if you search, and they are super cute. I looked at her surfboards and ended up just making my own with plywood and a jigsaw. Not that hard of a project, and I was able to personalize them for my girls....See MoreHigh school boy plots to kill his mother
Comments (19)I guess I too missed how the perceived proliferation of guns, even removed would prevent a knifing. As I said in another thread there's not a "single" solution. I'm curious on this situation as to the life growing up. What, if any, discipline?What was the home life? I have strong beliefs on this and many other things but won't go into it now. Media has its involvement in responsibility of course, albeit unintentional. Certainly many of the school tragedies and foiled plans are based on copycat of Columbine or other. Remember the parachuting hijacker never captured? How many tried to duplicate it shortly afterward? Our much more mobile society where so many people have cars to transport them to and from distances most wouldn't walk makes for a larger target area for crime. Plus the cars can kill people along the way. The "look the other way" attitude of people whether it's shoplifting, gas station drive-off, a suspicious person in the neighborhood or otherwise makes it easier for perps. Face it, burglers don't have to skulk around the back of a house at night anymore. Kick in the front door and walk in like you own the place. Use a baseball bat on anyone who happens to be home. And of course if you DO get caught, what will happen? We'll blame judges and defense attorneys but nobody will lay blame at the feet of the juries who acquit. In the "good old days" we were far more likely to shoot someone entering a home, rustling cattle or raping our children. Today, it's excused as a mental illness. 40+ years ago, before cable TV, the internet, video games and all the other "causes" of crime our community had a teenager stabbed to death. How many deaths we could have prevented if we just got rid of the knives then when we saw the problem. Many drownings and suffocations would be prevented if we got rid of bathtubs, water and pillows. I won't repeat everything from the other thread but suffice to say there's a lot of problems in the world and a lot of causes to the problems but until we start looking in the mirror and around us in our own homes and quit ignoring what stares us in the face, things will continue as they are. Kudos to the one who chose to GET INVOLVED and headed off this near-tragedy, though it's still a tragedy I guess. We all could take a lesson there about getting involved. Open our eyes instead of close them. Though we don't want false alarms to tie up 911 lines for the actual needs, far better to call when you're not sure than to say, gee, maybe I should have.. Which brings up a question... when's the last time you chose to get involved?...See More- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
- 17 years ago
Related Stories

UNIVERSAL DESIGNMy Houzz: Universal Design Helps an 8-Year-Old Feel at Home
An innovative sensory room, wide doors and hallways, and other thoughtful design moves make this Canadian home work for the whole family
Full Story
INSIDE HOUZZWhat Mom Wants for Mother’s Day
You’re right about a nice dinner and time with family. Here’s what else will make Mom happy this weekend
Full Story
HOUSEPLANTSMother-in-Law's Tongue: Surprisingly Easy to Please
This low-maintenance, high-impact houseplant, also known as snake plant, fits in with any design
Full Story
SHOP HOUZZShop Houzz: A Mother’s Day Makeover From Ashton, With Love
Get the look with worn woods, pale neutrals and eclectic Western accessories
Full Story
HOME OFFICESQuiet, Please! How to Cut Noise Pollution at Home
Leaf blowers, trucks or noisy neighbors driving you berserk? These sound-reduction strategies can help you hush things up
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESThis Designer’s Client Was Her 10-Year-Old Son
What do you give a boy with a too-babyish bedroom when he’s approaching double digits? See for yourself
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESHouzz Call: What Home Collections Help You Feel Like a Kid Again?
Whether candy dispensers bring back sweet memories or toys take you back to childhood, we'd like to see your youthful collections
Full Story
DECLUTTERINGDownsizing Help: How to Edit Your Belongings
Learn what to take and what to toss if you're moving to a smaller home
Full Story
KIDS’ SPACESSee an Arizona Nursery That’ll Never Get Old
Age appropriate but not childish, this baby boy’s room will grow with him without a redesign
Full Story
PETSHow to Help Your Dog Be a Good Neighbor
Good fences certainly help, but be sure to introduce your pup to the neighbors and check in from time to time
Full Story
believer