SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finedreams

anyone with similar experience..

finedreams
16 years ago

at this point I have no one I can talk about it. I can only talk to my therapist but I won't see her in few more weeks. other than that there is no one i can tell that. i wonder if anyone here had any similar experience or know anyone who had and have any kind of useful advice or has any ideas of how to get any support to deal with this etc

My DD (20) is homosexual which i pretty much knew (I mean i am not stupid, it is hard not to know). but she didn't directly came out until today, so until today i tried to maintain "denial status quo" hoping it is just a phase. Well it is not....

DD is terrified of our family's reaction which eventually is going to happen, our family is rather conservative. My brother is accepting, parents are very traditional...But even for accepting people like me it is obviously not a fun fact to know. I also have rather conservative BF. My Xhusband, DD's father, and his side of the family are also pretty conservative. In any case, I have been crying the whole morning and don't know what to do about it.

DD is obviously scared. I do feel scared and sad that my only kid won't have, a so called, typical life etc. I wonder if there is any group anywhere that i can get any support from.

I will talk to my therapist but i will see her only in few weeks.

What a "fun" weekend...

Comments (5)

Sponsored