SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

Recipe of the day March 19 - Brandy Pear Pork Tenderloin

luckygardnr
15 years ago

Sorry all, I won't be able to do a recipe on Friday. I'm going to be with my Mom and won't be home till the evening. If anyone else wishes to start the thread, please do, and I will contribute when I get home.

This is a Jenny Craig recipe. I thought it looked delish.

Brandy Pear Pork Tenderloin

{{!gwi}}

2 (3/4lb) pork tenderloins

½ cup brandy

2/3 cup finely chopped fresh pear

2 Tbs finely chopped almonds, toasted

2 Tbs raisins, chopped

1 Tbs cider vinegar

2 tsp chopped crystallized ginger

vegetable cooking spray

12 fresh pear slices (optional)

1. Trim fat from pork. Cut pork lengthwise to within ½ inch of outer edge of each tenderloin. Place in a shallow dish; pour brandy over tenderloins, and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.

2. Remove tenderloins from marinade. Place marinade in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.

3. Combine chopped pear and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Spread half of mixture in center of each tenderloin to within ½ inch of sides. Bring sides of meat together, and secure at 2-inch intervals with string.

4. Place tenderloins on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. If desired, insert meat thermometer into thickest part of tenderloin. Bake uncovered at 375° F for 45 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160° F, basting frequently with marinade. Let stand 10 minutes; slice into 18 pieces and arrange on a large serving platter. If desired, garnish with pear slices.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH