SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrzejewski_gw

Kitchen remodel-table/chairs/stools color scheme Retry questions

andrzejewski
12 years ago

I didn't do so well with my first post so trying again. Hopefully this is easier to read.

We are just starting a remodel and probably doing things backwards. We have purchased the kitchen table and appliances. Table can be changed, appliances not.

Appliances include:

white double stacked oven

warming tray w/ cabinet face

white dishwasher

black island cooktop (only color offered)

stainless steel stove vent (only color offered)

The kitchen is large and open. We are adding a wrap around counter with stools so it forms a U which will semi divide the dining space from the kitchen. I have turned my separate formal dining room into an office so the large dining section of the kitchen will take over as the dining room. I want a table that can fit up to 10-12 for holidays. We were going to keep a few cabinets that are in the dining area and dress them up with some glass doors and a wine rack to eliminate need for a hutch or china cabinet.

What is staying in the kitchen:

the floor which (light grey, blue stone tile look (more grey))

white trim woodwork and doors

honey oak cabinets w/ brushed nickel knobs (I know they are outdated but I do like them for some reason. Plus I can't afford to change them out).

white refrigerator

What is changing:

new granite countertops (not selected yet but looking for something dark with blue and veins - no speckles).

Still havent decided on sink color but looking at porcelain.

Here are my questions:

I've seen some great advice on this forum so hoping someone would be willing to help.

is it going to look like a mishmash of colors with white, black and stainless steel appliances?

what wood color for kitchen table will go with the oak cabinets? Will the one we picked out tentatively work - it is light oak with maple inlays and dark brown vinyl seats (not really sure on the dark brown).

Can I go darker on the kitchen table without clashing with cabinets?

do the counter stools (7 or 8) have to match the table? Should they match the cabinets? The granite?

I don't want anything real formal but no country ducks and goose look either. Overall I would say we tend to be country modern in taste. My most favorite color schemes are deep blue (no light, baby or robin eggs blues) the light oak wood, white, grey and black. The wall color and back splash are up for discussion too but I'm leaning toward deep blue.

My biggest fear is to spend all this money and have a hodge podge of colors and pieces. I haven't figured out how to attach pictures so have added a link to them. Thank you for any advice you can give that will get me to make a decision one way or another.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Pics

Comments (9)