SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susabelle28

Can NOT decide about cabinet color!!!

susabelle28
13 years ago

Hello,

I've been lurking and admiring all of your beautiful kitchens for awhile. We are needing to order our cabinets by tomorrow, and I can't decide on the color. I originally thought that cherry with a honey stain was what I wanted, but I'm staring at a door sample and it looks really "orange". I did find an opaque stain for cherry called "Tuscany" that seems to tone down the orange more, but if I'm wondering if I should just go with maple???? I currently have very light 80's era "pickled oak" cabinets that I am so happy to replace! We have light bamboo floors and white trim throught my house, but the kitchen is going to get a new tile floor, so I can really plan all of my kitchen color choices around my cabinet color. It's a smallish kitchen with a small island and one window and one set of patio doors, so a medium amount of natural light. I generally gravitate towards darker colors, but I don't want to make my smallish kitchen too dark, which is why I like the "medium" tone of the cherry with the honey stain. I like arts and crafts and transitional style kitchens and have picked out a shaker-style door, now if I could just decide on the color! any input from the very knowledgable people on here would be so much appreciated!!!

Comments (2)