SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blingedup_gw

help! cabinet hardware - am I using too many different sizes?

blingedup
13 years ago

First, I want to give a big THANK YOU to all of the posters on this site. I have been lurking throughout my kitchen remodel, and the help I have received here has been invaluable.

I've been making decisions pretty quickly and easily after reading about whatever it is that is the current decision. I've stumbled now toward the end on something I thought would be easy -- cabinet hardware. I picked a style that I saw on some pictures here that I liked. I ordered an assortment of them from amerockforless.com (another tip I got here) and they should arrive any day. My cabinets were custom made, cherry wood, sherwood cherry stain with chocolate glaze. I love them. The hardware is Amerock Revitalize.

Here's my delimma -- I bought four different sized drawer pulls to accomodate the different height of cabinets and varying widths of drawers. I have 3" pulls on the short drawers, 7" pulls on the long drawers and pantry doors, 4" and 5" on drawers and cabinets in between, etc. Then I threw in a few coordinating knobs for a few upper cabinets that are really high and I probably won't use much. I ordered six 3", twelve 4", fourteen 5", and five of the 7" drawer pulls and 6 knobs . LOL. Can you tell I put a lot of thought into this?

My contractor said that they need to all be the same size. Is this true? It seems like some of them will look out of proportion with all the different sized drawers and cabinets I have. I lied and told him that a "decorator friend" said to do this (haha - needed a little credibility) and he said that it's probably trendy right now then, but will look dated in five years.

True or false? I like the look of different sizes (I think) but don't want to do anything that I will regret once those holes are all drilled in......he said I'll be sorry and it has scared me. Is he right? I spent a lot of $$ on these custom cherry cabinets. Of course I have to decide this right away!

Again, thank you for all of the help you've provided me. If you would've told me two months ago that the issue that would pull me out of lurkdom for help would be cabinet hardware, I wouldn't have believed it. This should be the easy part. :)

Comments (19)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm