copper tooling

Lia_SC

I mentioned in another thread that I went off on a tangent last p.m....

Have you ever seen the kids' book "If You Give a Mouse a Muffin"? It's kinda like that:

I scrubbed one of my copper bottom pots the other night; Then last night I cooked in it again. When I got ready to wash it again, I noticed all the cool colors. Hmmm.. I thought about that project on Carol Duvall by the Y.I.Stamp lady, where she colored the copper by heating...

Then I was rummaging around for a box lid to do the Art Dolls and found tooling copper that I *had* to have so long ago. So.... I cut a piece, stamped on it, and held it over a flame. I didn't bother looking up how it was done on Carol's show, so I just used a candle.

Whew! More than you wanted to know, huh? Anyway, I finished it as a card and finally got a could-be-better photo uploaded to the Gallery. (too much reflection in the pic)

If you'd like to see....

Here is a link that might be useful:

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lorraine303

It looks great. Thanks for sharing.

Save    
ArtsyCraftsy

It's just beautiful, Lia!

Save    
Lia_SC

Thanks, ladies!
BTW, I'm not reading that book --it was just a prop that was lying out because I tore the cover off. I read somewhere that old Readers Digest book covers make good little canvases and I have a bunch of them so I thought I'd try it. LOL!

Save    
meggiecat

I like the copper but better yet the book covers as canvases!! Those things are a dime a dozen! Good tip.

Save    
rosie_ga

OK....let me get this straight......cooking, copper bottomed pan.....what's up with that? I guess the good news is the finished product looks good no matter what the process was to get there. LOL

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: The Copper Kitchen
By Houzz
Create the copper kitchen of your dreams with cookware, lighting, sinks and more
See Products
Housekeeping Shine On: How to Clean Copper
Restore the luster to your copper pots and pans with these tips for using both natural and store-bought cleaners
Full Story
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: The Ultimate Cleaning Tools
By Houzz
Make a clean sweep with the best brushes, cleaners, vacuums, steamers and wipes for rooms that sparkle
See Products
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More