Art Dolls

rosie_ga

Carol is having a segment on art dolls with rubber stamping this afternoon.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minnie_tx

Thanks, It's almost time for her show now. I have to check to make sure the tape hasn't run out.

Save    
Lia_SC

When I saw the guy's examples I realized I'd seen that before. Also realized I'd forgotten all about it! I want one of those to put in my bathroom! I want her to be a mermaid, in shades of white. Don't you think it would work just fine hanging on the wall? I don't have enough counter space for a standing one.
Now to find clipart; I'm not about to go buy rubberstamps just for that!

Save    
rosie_ga

Sure it would look great on the wall.......why not attach it to a base......like a large piece of cork or use something like a shadow box.
Think I'll play tonite and make some........we can have "show and tell" tomorrow.

Save    
Lia_SC

I kinda went off on a tangent tonight... will show & tell about that later...
Wouldn't you know I don't have a suitable box lid or other shadowbox part for my art doll? I'll have to improvise. Hmmmmm.... I'm wondering about round lids or triangle. Or Altoid tins, how about a trio of dolls?

I didn't think about the humidity factor in the bath room. :-/ Guess I'll have to seal the dickens out of it.

Meantime, I can anticipate your Show & Tell!

Save    
rosie_ga

HA didn't play last night. A jewerly box lid.....I was thinking about a velveeta brown box. They are such sturdy cardboard. If it came down to it......make one out of cardboard.

Save    
minnie_tx

I just can't seem to like those art dolls.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Shop Houzz Shop Houzz: What a Doll!
By Houzz
No matter how you spell it, the Russian matryoshka nesting doll is a colorful decor trend
See Products
Studios and Workshops 14 Home Studios That Nurture Creativity and Art
The Hardworking Home: Houzz readers show us spaces where they paint, photograph and craft — and tell us what makes their rooms work for them
Full Story
More Rooms Attic Bedrooms Turn a Corner
No longer mere storage space for broken dolls and old clothes, attics are being turned into the most stylish of bedrooms
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever