Venus and Mona

rosie_ga

check out my assemblage in the gallery.......I had more fun with this one.

SaveComment6Like
Comments (6)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lia_SC

That is too funny! Again, Rosie, great work on your "bricolage" (I love that word!)

Save    
rosie_ga

I really hate to question this........cause it's probably a really evident duhhhhh but what is a bricolage?

an assemblage with bricks...........?

Save    
Lia_SC

hehe! No, I don't think it's all that obvious. Or at least I had never heard of it before finding it in the art dictionary, ArtLex, that I mentioned here before.

Here's what they said:
bricolage - Something made from whatever materials happen to be available. From the French bricole, meaning a trifle, and which the French used even earlier to mean catapault. Bricolage may be related to bric-a-brac.

Quote:

".... Bricolage is a French word. It means to build it yourself."
Tom Sachs (contemporary) American artist

Don'tcha love it?! :-D Since we go looking for specific items for assemblage, I suppose it's not exactly the same. I guess the Watt's Tower would be a good example of bricolage. But since you "build" or "assemble" these 3D collages, I think that describes it pretty well.

Save    
rosie_ga

Wow......that just moved me up in the "art" world.......neat word.....Funny term "made from whatever materials happen to be available." I have much "stuff" that is available.....sometimes soooo available I can't walk in this room.

Save    
gramcraft

Rosie, just came from gallery and found my "laugh for the day". Good one! That ought to sell in a trice.

Save    
rosie_ga

Found your word on another site..........
Really made me feel good that I knew what it was.
thanks

Bricolage

Assembling odds and ends for a collage

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Home Tech Is the Timing Finally Right for Framed Digital Art?
Several companies are preparing to release digital screens and apps that let you stream artworks and video on your wall
Full Story