SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

A girl walks into an antiques/ salvage store......

ttodd
12 years ago

So it wasn't a yard sale this time - no chandie but I did find something perfect this morning.

We still have yet to do our kitchen after being here for 11yrs. We could really care less about it. I've had lots of hairbrained ideas about what to do etc. but again - we really could have cared less about it to even want to begin forking out money on a kitchen reno.

So I found this pic awhile ago & thought 'Hmmm...fits our house style, cheap to do - this is good!'

And I remembered this huge old handpainted restaurant sign at a sort of local place. It's massive. So I stopped this morning to see how much they were asking for it - prepared for a price of a few hundred, some back and forth and a payment plan.

The nice lady called the owner then said:

"$50"

I don't have a pic of it yet - DH is picking it up Saturday. Of course I got the whole "That sign? Where are you going to put it? Do you know how big it is? Will it fit into our kitchen?" speech to which I responded: "Of COURSE it will fit honey! Why wouldn't it fit? It's only $50 and I have a plan! DON'T WORRY! Can I get it?"

It has the name and then says the following:

Cocktail Lounge

Coffe

Breakfast

Lunch

Late Nite Snacks

Beef

Beer

and a bunch of other stuff

Available for Banquets and Meetings

How cool will this be?! It's easily 10-13'w and 5-6' tall.

Now of course it will take up the entire wall over our sink so I'll have to rip out those cheesey, cheap cabinets over it but we were planning on making our own cabinets anyways w/ my dad's help and he designed a better layout & footprint for us.

Comments (18)