SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lydia1959

Speaking of Sex Education....

lydia1959
14 years ago

Do you feel like you got the information YOU needed from your school and parents?

Hope this isn't TMI. I had my first period before my friends did and quite frankly I thought I was dying. I had NO idea what was happening. I told my Mom and she brought out a little pamplet to for me to read and some pads (and a feminine belt!!! No sticky pads back in the late 60's!). It must have really shocked me cause I didn't have another period for over 2 years.

My parents told me when I was 14 or so (mid 1970's) that if I had any questions about sex that I should ask them. I never did talk to them at all about sex. A book about sex would have been good for me since I was a reader... no way would my Mom have bought a book about sex though.

I was actually really ignorant about sex until after I graduated from high school. We didn't have sex ed in the school I went to. I think there was one day in health class where we talked about sex and even that was just the very basic stuff.

Your turn....... (tell us the decade you were a pre-teen or young adult too so we can compare how or if things have changed through the years).

Comments (14)