SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
sweetandrew

Banquette, cabinet height, Imperial Danby questions

sweetandrew
11 years ago

We're about to gut and rebuild the kitchen in our 1920 Colonial Revival home. A few questions for today:

(1) we're planning an L-shaped banquette. Architect is doing cabinetry design and asked whether we wanted upholstered banquette or separate cushion. I told him cushion as we have young dog who gnaws and it would be less expensive to replace cushion than to reupholster. But I'd love thoughts and/or photos of both options. Also, if you have banquette,, how high is back? I think ours is 30 in from floor to top of banquette back (with wall of windows above)--hubby thinks that hits a bit too low on his back.

(2) Vermont Imperial Danby--saw gorgeous slab today. Believe retail was $112(!), including everything through install. Thoughts? We may do

marble on perimeter (24 sq ft) and wood on island (16 sq ft) depending on cost.

(3) Cabinet height from ceiling--believe our ceilings are 9'6" and preliminary cabinet design is 8'3"--wasted space,no? But saving money due to not having cabinetry to ceiling, correct? I had always envisioned cabinetry to ceiling but am willing to forego if significant cost savings (not worried about sufficient storage).

Thanks in advance for your input!

(3)

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Century Stair Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
DC Metro Area Luxury Custom Staircase & Railing Professional