SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
muscat_gw

Tired of me yet? backsplash/range question

muscat
16 years ago

Oh boy. I'm posting so many questions lately- I really dont mean to be a pest, but......

I'd love some opinions on how to handle backsplashing my range wall. For the other areas, tile will go either up to the window or to the upper cabinets, but for this wall, I'm not sure what will look/function best. Here is the wall. **There will be a potrack in the left corner**:

{{!gwi}}

I see my options as

1.Stainless behind range, with tile 18" up on either side, sort of like this:

{{!gwi}}

2. Tile across the whole wall, 18" high everywhere except under the hood, where it would go up to the hood (this is my BF's idea, and I dont think I like it, but he's often right about things like this) So it would be like the above pic, but all tile, no SS.

3. SS behind the range, and have the tile come up to the height of the hood:

{{!gwi}}

4.Tile the whole wall up to as high as the hood, so like the last pic, but no SS (I think this will overwhelm the room with tile)

5. Some sort of tile pattern where it angles up to meet the SS. More freeform, artistic approach. If this sounds crazy, I'm just trying to think outside the box.

{{!gwi}}

Other ideas? I know it is tough with that corner looking so open, but try to imagine a SS potrack full of pots and pans.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations