SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
firstwife9

All-Clad alternative

firstwife
14 years ago

I havenÂt posted on this forum in quite some time, but felt a strong desire to share information about my recent discovery of Tramontina tri-ply cookware. I would have added to an existing thread, but those I found were all at least two years old. I also posted in the cookware forum, but wanted to post here as well because it is a more active forum. This is worthwhile information.

I am a consumer who seeks quality products for the best possible value and have recently found myself in need of several new pots and pans. I cook on an induction cooktop and I love the few pieces of All-Clad stainless cookware I have purchased over the years. I do, however, feel their cost is inflated, and I resent "paying for a name". So, while snowed-in during one of our recent snowstorms (I am in eastern PA), I spent my time surfing the web in search of an affordable All-Clad alternative, and I found it; Tramontina triplyclad! This cookware is virtually identical to All-Clad (but with more comfortable handles) at a fraction of the cost! For instance, an All-Clad 12 qt. stock pot sells for about $370, the nearly identical FULLY-CLAD 12 qt. Tramontina stockpot retails for only $79!!!!!!

CookÂs Illustrated gave this cookware a "best buy" rating in their May/June Â09 issue and there are many very favorable reviews posted independently online by enthusiastic consumers. I donÂt understand how I could not have heard/read about this cookware. ThatÂs why I wanted to share this information. If you are planning to purchase some very high quality fully clad stainless cookware, please, before you take out a second mortgage to pay for the All-Clad, google Tramontina tri-ply, read the reviews, look at the pricing, and try a piece. It is excellent cookware of the highest quality.

Wal-Mart.com, unfortunately, is the best place to buy this cookware as they stock the full line and have the best prices. All pieces are available separately as open stock and there are also 8 and 10 piece sets.

Two last things, then I will stop gushing about this stuff. Tramontina makes several different lines of cookware. Some are stainless steel with clad bottoms only. Be sure you are researching the Tramontina Tri Ply Clad. Induction users will encounter discrepancies in various posts about whether or not the Tramontina tri-ply is induction-capable. I called Tramontina USA before I ordered as this was a concern for me. The helpful representative I spoke to assured me that all of their tri-ply is now induction-capable and that if I did get a piece that was not magnetic, they would exchange it promptly. Sure enough, out of all the pieces I purchased (the entire line!), there was one saucepan that was not magnetic. Tramontina emailed me a pre-paid FedEx label to return the pot for an immediate exchange.

Great product, excellent customer service, and a lifetime warranty!

Comments (10)