SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deeje_gw

Money's no object - how would you decorate this room?

deeje
16 years ago

We plan to re-do our living room with new furniture this spring. I'm concerned that I'll just replace the pieces we have, and then put them back in the same arrangement we've always had. I don't want my lack of creativity to screw up what could be an excellent opportunity!

So, here's the deal: if this was YOUR room and you didn't have to worry about using existing pieces or about blowing the budget, what would you buy, and how would you arrange it?

(I don't want to influence your ideas, so I'll describe the room rather than post a photo)
* The effective size of the room is 16' x 12'. It's carpeted in a neutral beige, which must stay for now.

* Technically, the space is more like 16' x 15' -- about 3' of one long side is hardwood, making a hallway of sorts along the edge of the living room from the front door to the breakfast area.

* One short side of the room is mostly made up of french doors to the formal dining room, and then a doorway from that hardwood "hall" into the breakfast area. So, almost no wall space on that short side.

* The opposite short side is primarily a bay window looking out to the front lawn (this is a true bay, where the floor is also bumped out). That 16' measurement includes the couple of feet that extend into the bay. Again, almost no wall space.

* A cable TV jack is located in the center of the long wall opposite the hallway. A television is required in this room, but the type of set and the screen size are not important.

* The ceiling is an angled vault; it's about 10' high at the front, and 18' at the back.

Okay, money will EVENTUALLY be an object, but let's leave that out of the discussion. Everything's up for grabs... what would you do??

Comments (31)