SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quincin

Please help me decide on trim color for creamy cabs!

quincin
13 years ago

Hi all,

Have gotten great feedback from this site when I've posted before, so I'm hoping you'll all come through for me again :)

I love the color of my creamy white kitchen cabinets. In the kitchen. On the cabinets. Reads a nice, creamy white, without yellow. Not so much in my adjoining family room on the trim.

My dilemma is whether to just stick with the creamy white on all the trim - the con here being I'm not a big fan of how the color reads in the FR, or, to do the trim not specifically attached to the cabinets in the same white that is in the rest of the house - the con here being the break in continuity.

We are going with a creamy crackel tile for the backsplash, and are planning on doing the walls in RH pale silver (a light green with chameleon qualities).

Here's a pic from the FR which shows the difference (and it's even more noticeable in person) . The closer wall's crown is in BM OC-38 (the creamy white) (the trim for the doorway is just primer), and in the hallway behind is the white trim in the rest of the house.

Here's what it looks like in the kitchen:

Lot''s of trim - the adjoining hallway and DR have white trim:

Thanks for any insight you can give!

-Cindy

Comments (5)