SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quasifish

Setting limits for hobbies and crafts?

quasifish
11 years ago

Curious if others have any philosophy on setting limits and establishing criteria for the keeping of hobby related supplies?

In the past few years, I've quit doing a lot of crafts (liked the idea of better than the application), so got rid the stuff related to crafts and hobbies that I no longer do. I still have a couple of crafts I enjoy, though don't have as much time as I use to, I still do them from time to time (sewing and yarn crafts). Over the past few years, I've not purchased any new yarn or fabrics, though some has been given to me by well meaning people. I don't really have that much (compared to some crafters I know- roughly 6 rubbermaid bins total), but in some ways it feels like a lot because I don't have that much time to devote to these things, so I feel like I should thin them down. I'm trying to get started on these and having problems deciding what stays and what goes, since I can't exactly know what project may come up in the not so distant future.

Any ideas? Advice? Has anybody BTDT with the craft thing? Still participating in a craft, but not wanting as many supplies on hand?

Comments (4)