SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trpltongue

Really need help organizing craft room

trpltongue
13 years ago

Hello all!

I'd really like to get my wife's craft room organized over the Christmas break but we're both TERRIBLE at designing spaces. We've got a nice big room that is 14x22 upstairs that we'd like to use as a craft room.

{{!gwi}}

We'd like to use the room to do scrapbooking, let the kids do some of their art projects (stickers, etc, no painting) and to store some of our old memorabilia (trophies, plaques, etc). We wouldn't want to display the memorabilia per se, rather just have a nice air conditioned place to store it for now.

I was thinking of doing some sort of wall cabinets along with lower cabinets and workspaces along the walls and then have a big open area in the middle where we could put a fold up table or 2 to work on big projects and put away when not in use.

I could just go to Ikea and buy a buch of storage cabinets and clear bins, but there has to be a better way :) Unfortunately I have no idea what that better way is and was hoping some of you extremely creative folks could help out with ideas on how to best utilize the space!

Any ideas welcomed!

Thanks in advance,

Russell

Comments (6)