SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lakemayor

jojoco & virginia7074 Lofthouse cookies recipe

lakemayor
13 years ago

Just wanted to let you know that I posted it under the seasonal cookie recipe thread. Try it and see what you think.

Karen

Comments (12)

• jojoco
    13 years ago

Thank you! Off to an early morning hockey practice, but will try to make these in the next few days, if not sooner.

Jo

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

Copied and pasted. I've wanted a good soft sugar cookie recipe for a while. A friend had one but she wouldn't share! She frosted hers with cream cheese icing. They were like cookie heroin.

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

barnmom, Cream cheese icing on sugar cookies sounds really good. Too bad she wouldn't share her recipe for the cookies. It's really hard to find a really good sugar cookie. I love, love, love Lofthouse. The closest I've come to anything similar is the Jiffy mix ones.

Karen

• Teresa_MN
    13 years ago

barnmom - this is not a friend if she won't share! :-)

• jojoco
    13 years ago

Quick question: is the Jiffy mix the one for white cake?

Thanks,

Jo

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

That she wouldn't share recipes I think was partly cultural. Many of her recipes were family recipes of traditional ethnic dishes and I discovered that the families tended to be competitive with their culinary skills. It was amusing sometimes! One in-law made a certain cookie recipe with only salted butter but washed the butter by melting it with water, cooling it and then removing the solids. Huh?

She actually did give me a sugar cookie recipe but when baked up, didn't at all resemble the cookies she gave me. Little stinker! ;)

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

jo, The Jiffy mix is in a big blue and white box. Not a white cake mix. It's the same thing as Bisquick I believe.
    You know, it has the recipes for biscuits, pancakes, waffles and such on the box. It has the leavening agent in the mix. What ever is in the Jiffy or Bisquick mix it makes them have the melt in your mouth texture that the Lofthouse cookies have. I think you can make these cookies using Bisquick also.

Karen

• centralcacyclist
    13 years ago

I had to go looking. Must be the one in this link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Jiffy Baking Mix

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yep, that's it!

• Virginia7074
    13 years ago

Thank you, Karen! I did see it on the other thread last night. I was in Target this morning and looked for Jiffy mix, but all they had was the corn muffin mix. I'll look somewhere else tomorrow and give them a try. (Even though they may be very dangerous to me!)

• lakemayor
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Virginia7074, Let me know how they turn out. I keep thinking about this and it seems like the first recipe I tried was using Bisquick, but when I found my recipe it was with Jiffy mix. Maybe I had two recipes. It seems to me that someone from this forum gave me the recipe some years back when I was just a lurker.

Karen

• jojoco
    13 years ago

Karen I made the cookies and posted on the New recipes for October thread.
    Thanks for a great recipe!
    Jo