SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

Bosch mixers, confused re models; Amazon

marys1000
15 years ago

I have over the last any number of months periodically searched and read posts on mixers. Not sure how badly I need one but have that hankering. I would rather not have a heavy or big one as I'm older and more into the idea of being able to lift things myself as I age and smaller kitchens.

I'd most likely use it for a variety of baking, mixing and whipping, not just bread which would be in small batches.

I liked the looks of the Bosch with its open top but everyone seemed to be talking about different models, and it became so confusing!

I looked on Amazon and they seem to have 4 smaller models? And 3 larger?

Generally I guess there is are 2-3 versions of a Compact/small versions in the 400-450W range for around 150.00 and then a bunch of bigger versions.

Anyone with personal experience on the Compact versions? Is the bowl really small? How is it being plastic etc?

The first 4 titles I copied look very similar - the 450 vs. 400 seems fairly straight forward but I'm not sure what the 4405 is all about, I didn't see the normal paragraph description. Then there is the larger 6610.

Also - do they all have plastic bowls? That seems like the one thing I'm not all that thrilled about. And can you buy extra bowls?

Bosch MUM4405UC Compact Kitchen Machine by Bosch

450W Compact Kitchen Machine

400W Compact Kitchen Machine

There is also listed a plain Compact Kitchen Machine, no number, the description lists a 450W moter - so is this the same as the 450W?

http://www.amazon.com/MUM6610-Universal-Kitchen-Machine-6610UC/dp/B000CQR906/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

There also seems to be a 6620 and a Universal - both seem larger than I need.

Comment (1)