SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
romy718

Calling a2gemini, dish drawer questions

romy718
10 years ago

I had read your original "drawer disaster" thread & should have caught on & asked for heavy duty slides for my 36" drawers.
One my drawers is a dish drawer with a peg system. I had a vague recollection that the slides might have a weight limit so I emailed KD who contacted Wood-Mode, emailed me back with 75 lbs, I loaded 60 lbs of dishes into the drawer & the soft close has stopped working & the drawer closes unevenly. Emailed KD, sent installer out, agreed it was a weight issue.
Now, they are charging me for the slides & the labor to install them on two drawers, $470. They are using a 110 lb. slide that is supposedly "custom made" for WM.
The whole situation aggravates me. How are you supposed to utilize a dish drawer that is rated for 75 lbs if the drawer & the peg system take up 30 lbs of that weight?
Did BH charge you for your heavy duty slides? Do you know which Blum HD slides were installed, the 568H (110lbs/125 lbs) or the 569H (125lbs/150 lbs) Or a special custom made one? Did you have to pay for the labor to install them?
Venting...thanks.
Edited: venting a little too strongly. Wood-Mode & my KD came thru. They are replacing the glides at no charge.

This post was edited by romy718 on Mon, Feb 24, 14 at 18:19

Comments (7)