SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
billl_gw

Holiday Decorations

Billl
14 years ago

What does everyone do with their holiday decoration?

In previous years, my wife and I have done some minimal decorating for Christmas - real tree, lights on the porch, wreath on the door. However, in the past year, we bought a much larger home and had a baby girl. Obviously, having a little one raises the decorating expectations considerably AND we just have a lot more space to make festive.

I know that we are going to end up with much more Christmas "stuff" to store come January. Even if we are restrained in our purchases, we have 4 sets of grandparents who assuredly want to get a host of "baby's first" whatevers. Does anyone have good ideas for storing ornaments, decorations and such?

Also, we have a large, older home now. It was built in 1912 and closet space wasn't exactly a priority at that point. We have a lot of square footage to decorate, but not a lot of storage area to put those decorations for the other 11 months of the year. Does anyone have an decorating tricks that use smaller items that won't take up so much space to store? It seems like most of the standard decorations are really bulky.

Comments (8)