SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
becktheeng

Please help with LR....lots of photos

becktheeng
14 years ago

I need LR/DR Help!!!!! Please..... Im a bit overwhelmed with all of the decisions.

As part of our remodel we made some changes to the living/dinning room windows and doors, painting, and new wood floors. Here is what the space is now (all furniture, accept the blue piece with the TV will be replaced):

From the entry way:

From the living room looking into the dinning room:

From the French door looking into the entryway

From the DR looking out FR window:

Our goal for the remodel was to use our LR/DR moreÂbefore it was cold (north east facing, with light minty green on the walls), the new yellow (my favorite wall color) & windows have helped fix some of that. Anyway, IÂve been doing lots of shopping...and I need some help and advice/reassurance that I am going in the right direction. I like a casual comfy beachy style (I have two kids 3 and 6)Âthe colors I want in these rooms are Yellow and blue (one of my favorite combinations). We are successfully using the DR for dinner almost every night.

So, for the LR (which will be the adult TV watching area), IÂm thinking 2 leather push back reclinerÂs facing the TV with a small table/floor lamp in between and small sofa (~75" long) facing the front window anchored by some sort of area rug. On the wall where the buffet is now, IÂm thinking of doing a breakfront pine china hutch (IÂve got china & crystal service for 12, plus heirloom pieces and silver from my mom and grandma). The DR would get a pine farmhouse table (IÂve always wanted one) that I figure I could dress up with a table cloth and good lighting for more formal events. For chairs, I would do 4 side chairs that match the table (probably ladderback) and have two parsons chairs (with custom covers) that wouldnÂt be at the table for nightly use, but would be pulled up when guests come.

HereÂs the general layout:

HereÂs one of the reclinerÂs:

HereÂs the breakfront (would likely do a combination of stain & paint or just stain):

Window Treatments:

For a Roman Shade outside mounted just below the Arch windowÂ.would love advice on that window as there doesnÂt seem to be enough space to continue the same casing from the window below. This might also be the fabric for the Parsons chairs.

For the French door and DR slider, I was thinking panels (not operable), with a casual pinch pleat, I fell in love with these Duralee silk fabrics, but they are expensive and IÂm a bit hesitant to go with silk for kidsÂ.my other choice here maybe to do a linen (more beachy, but seems a bit boring).

Rug Possibilities:

Need serious help hereÂfeel like I have to have one to float the furniture in the room, & I think I like a lighter background color, was also trying to get blue and yellow in here.

Ballard Rug:

PB Rug (the rug swatch is much grayer/tanner than the internet image):

PB dinning tableÂ.anythoughts?Â.I love the end extensions, but worry about qualityÂI want a table that will last.

What works? What doesnÂt? Any suggestions on other rugs or WT?

Thanks for reading this long post

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022