SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aboc1212_gw

recipe organization ideas

aboc1212
14 years ago

Hi - I love to cook and I tend to get a lot of recipes online rather than from a cookbook. I am wondering, does anyone else do this and how do you organize your recipes? I do am not a fan of electronic systems since cooking and computers don't really seem to be a good mix in my opinion. Instead, I just print the recipes from whichever website and I punch holes in the page and put in a binder. What I don't like about this system is that the binder is rather large and takes up a lot of space. Also, the pages aren't super sturdy so if I take a recipe out a lot (since the book is too big I often do this) the holes I punched tend to get a little pulled/stretched.

What do other people do to store recipes? Should I just commit to copying them onto recipe cards? I am not in love with that idea because cards are small and I tend to make notes about modifications as I go - but I just don't know if this binder idea is sustainable either.

And also what's your favorite method for organizing recipes and why?? Alphabetically, by course, by ingredient?

Thanks!

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Rodriguez Construction Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading Home Builders in Franklin County, OH