SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tyjy_gw

Need Floor! Have Golden Oak Wood & Twilight Bahia Granite

tyjy
14 years ago

Hi everyone! I found this website while trying to update my kitchen. Like others before me, I am driving myself totally crazy, and everyone around me : / trying to choose a new floor and I am hoping beyond hope you can HELP ME!

Currently I have 25 year old louvered golden oak cabinets (that I need to keep), new Twilight Bahia granite counters (blacks, grays, browns), and 25 year old linoleum that is scalloped cut around the counter height snack bar area, (old berber carpet next to it extending all the way to the front door).

My worry is that the louvered cabinet doors and the "not plain" granite will not go well with too busy of a floor (ie: staggered tiles, too much color variation)...so was wondering what to get and WHAT COLOR?

Two ideas to consider:

One is to just replace the kitchen floor with ??... laminate/tile/vinyl/? and keep the scallop/carpet scheme (with new carpet).

OR, extend the new kitchen floor all the way to the front door (which would include the kitchen, dining, and foyer areas).

(I am definitely going to get new carpet, new dining room set, etc. so disregard those!)

The entire area is raised (via kneehigh wood studs) so heavyish stained concrete like material couldn't work even though I think that'd look cool. I want something that looks like a nice quality...would slatelook type laminate tile be nice? Is sheet vinyl not appropriate for a dining/foyer?

What colors? (bluish gray...brownish gray...tan/cream??)

Do I need to match the granite counter specifically?

(Note: There is a bluish/grayish tone fieldstone fireplace in the dining room...Paint colors could easily change...I was just in a "color" mood last year.)

You all sure do seem to know what you're doing! I so respect that! PLEASE...Do you have any suggestions for me?

I sure would appreciate any help!

(I am going to try and post pictures. This is my very first post so I do NOT really know what I'm doing!)

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Select Kitchen Pix Before New Floor

Comments (6)