SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carriem25

Need bar stool help

carriem25
16 years ago

We have a great room style plan, with the kitchen, living and dining areas in an open L shape. There is a long peninsula separating the kitchen and the dining area, with room for three or four stools. The kids (12 and 9) regularly eat there or sit there to do homework.

Here's an older picture, showing the counter area:

The stools in the picture were satisfactory, but one of them broke over the holidays and cannot be repaired. The place where I originally purchased them no longer stocks them. I have found two other similarly styled stools locally, but they are not the same colour - one is a dark brown, and the other looks almost red in comparison the ones that we already have.

I did find some reasonably priced stools, but they had round windsor backs, and I didn't they they would go very well with the dining room furniture:

They sell coordinating stools that match the dining chairs, but they are $$$$. I don't care for the "saddle seat" style stools. I like the swivel seats on the ones that we currently have, but I'm not sure that I would like swivels on stools with backs (they would bang the counter).

So, WWYD? Buy a mismatched stool and leave it? Buy a mismatched stool and paint them all one colour? Buy a new set of stools and move the two surviving stools somewhere else in the house? All advice appreciated!

Carrie

Comments (3)