SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grannysmith18

Anyone ever heard of these granites?

grannysmith18
16 years ago

My KD has told me about a granite she's used, white candelabra (sp?), but none of the granite places I've gone to (or researched on the web) have ever heard of it. I'll probably go to the home she's done before to see it. I know some of the names are almost meaningless & vary from place to place, but I'm hoping one of you has heard of it. Any opinion?

Then I saw a slab in a granite place called Vermont White, though it has a lot of gray in it? If you've seen it I'd like to get some opinions.

Finally, I got a sample of Classic White (that's what they called it. It looks a lot like marble, mostly white & some gray veins & lots of sparkle - I don't know if that's mica in there, or what. I took a sample home & spilled some Diet Coke on it (my drink of choice) and left it for about an hour. The marble stained yellow, and stayed stained! I want to thank you GW folks for suggesting that the granite should be tested for staining before buying. I really loved this granite & probably would have bought it and would not have thought to test it.

Comments (2)