SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kittiemom

New Office - I want to stay organized!

kittiemom
17 years ago

My company is transferring me to a different office. I'm looking at this as a chance to start over. My current office is a mess. I have a computer desk with a hutch & an L-shaped desk, so it basically forms a U-shaped workstation. I'm the company accountant & I'm just drowning in paperwork. My entire workstation is stacked with paperwork.

I'll be moving into the same office location as the CEO, operations mgr. & business dev. mgr. It's a much smaller suite than the large building I'm in now. I'll be taking the last available office. This is where people will be coming to meet with the CEO, so they want it to look pretty nice.

How do you keep your office organized? I now have an assistant who will stay in the current office. Some of the paperwork has gone to her. I'll be doing a lot of analysis & budgeting from now on, so I'll still have quite a bit of paperwork.

Also, I'll be going back to my current office probably once a week - working from there & supervising the accounting & billing departments. I'll need to stay organized so that any paperwork I need to transport gets back to the correct office. It's an hour drive between the two & I don't want to need something that's in the other office.

Comments (5)