SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pdxgal_gw

Fridge question....Will I regret

pdxgal
16 years ago

My cabinets are about to be built in the next week and I'm thinking about changing my mind and getting a built-in refrigerator instead of a counter-depth slide in one.

Right now, I've picked out a counter-depth GE Monogram side-by-side fridge, but was awake all night (I know a stupid reason not to sleep) hoping that I don't regret not spending the extra money for the clean look of the built-in. The counter-depth one is nice enough, but there is always that small gap around it and it sticks out about an inch more than the built in one. The price difference is $2,300 between the two, which is a lot and could be used elsewhere, but if we plan on staying in the house for at least 7-10 years if not longer and amortized over that time period, would I enjoy the built-in more?

If I do this, I have to check the house, but we would maybe need to move the electrical outlet (could call the electrician and see what he says) and change the appliance order ASAP.

So after all of that....What do you think? Anyone think the counter-depth is fine and the price difference for the built-in isn't worth it. Or would you change if you were me? I know it's probably a silly detail at this point, but appreciate your opinions.

Thanks!

Comments (17)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH