SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rosema12

need help w/ contractor and inspector in CA

rosema12
15 years ago

hey maybe someone can pipe in or direct me to the right place.. WE are remodeling our Kitchen plus other parts of our house. everything is remaining w/ in our roof line. WE have an artitect and had plans drawn up that are approved. we have our permits. the GC has been w/ us over a month now, has demoed everything including our kitchen (cabs will be here in a couple of weeks) and electrical plumbing done as well as all the framing. the inspection was scheduled for Friday. inspector apparently is not well known for his reputation at the city office, but we got stuck w/ him and gave our GCS a hard time. our GC are well known have a good reputation and our framers have never had an inspectiono not go through. apparently we got a hard time and they wanted us to do all this work. we went back to our artitecht to get "framing plans" GC got a consultant who said we had to do somethings but not all that the inspector said and the engineer trumps the inspector once it's done he will sign off on it all. it's costing us more money and our GC is getting ready to strt. our Artitech however says NO hold off you don't need to do all this, I am drawing your framing plans and this should be enough..

ok- so what's going on . my feeling is the GC wants to just move forward on "our" dime.. and get it over w/. as well as I do, but we don't want to spend money if we can argue this point.

any ideas or where to go? anyone been in my shoes?

Comments (5)