SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robotropolis

Backsplash, how high, how far over?

robo (z6a)
10 years ago

Hi all! Kitchen is mostly in (ish) and am starting to think about backsplash, particularly on the left hand side. Two things I'm unsure about: how high to run on the sink and left hand wall, and how far over to run on the left hand wall.

Tile is 4"x8" white 'subway'.

On how high to run the tile: I'm thinking just to the top of the light rail of the uppers might look good. But half want to run it up to ceiling, but also really like my wall color (French canvas) and am not sure I want to obliterate it.

On how far over to go on the left hand wall: Normally I would end at the upper cabinet, however I left quite a bit of breathing room between the end of the cabinet and the wall to provide good sightlines for the peninsula. So now I'm wondering if I should run the tile all the way to the corner. I even thought of wrapping it around the corner, but that wall basically runs through the dining room so I'd still have an awkward ending somewhere.

The tile is cheap and plentiful so I'm open to suggestions! Thank you! (Those corner cabinets are switching hinges to right next week).

Comments (32)