SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren0319

Husband has decided on a bedroom set. I am iffy- wdyt? (pics!)

lauren0319
13 years ago

There is a monster post somewhere w/ several pics of my current bedroom and all of its "issues" :) Here is a current pic

{{!gwi}}

Our room is 13 x 16 with 9' ceilings. We have 76" of space between the windows and insist on a king, so the bed is going to have to slightly overlap the windows. There is a very good chance this is our forever home... and I'm willing to invest in "forever" furniture as my style doesn't often change.

My husband likes big, massive beds. I feel that our room is not all that big... we have spent hours shopping and have not found a set that either of us love... but we have found one that we both like very much. Vintage Patina by Bernhardt. (link below.)

However, he wants it *with* the canopy. Which I feel is going to look silly in our bedroom. There *is* enough room.... but I just do not know how it's going to look. Now, if we buy this bed, we do have the option of taking off the canopy... and having it as a four poster. AND we could take down the posts and just have the headboard and footboard. So it comes with some options. BUT my dear husband only likes it w/ the full canopy. (bangs head on desk)

In all honesty, I think it's a beautiful bed. I'm just not sure that it's right for our room.

And finally, we need all new everything. 2 nightstands, a triple dresser of some sort, and a chest. But I'm not sure that I love the accessories that come w/ this set. So I'm thinking about buying the bed, and then slowly buying the rest of the furniture as I find stuff that works.

And finally, Part 2 (lol) we will be painting this room and really lighting it up- maybe a calm blue/grey on the walls, off white panel drapes hung close to the ceiling, and a much lighter rug.

WDYT? Honest advice welcome. I used to love furniture shopping... I now loathe the process. It's such a big investment and my dear, wonderful, amazing husband is pushing me to make a decision. Thanks for your thoughts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vintage Patina by Bernhardt

Comments (23)