SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
likesivy

Opposite approach to purse clutter problem

likesivy
15 years ago

I know most of you subscribe to the one- or two-purse theory to keep clutter in control. And so did I. But for the past year I have been working in a setting where I need to look a little (okay, alot) more stylish. So, I've added a few purses to my wardrobe and have been alternating them based on what I wear, sometimes daily, sometimes weekly.

Previously, I carried the tried-and-true, multi-pocketed, bag that coordinated with pretty much everything I wore, year round. One year it would be red, the next year, teal, then brown. It was never total chaos inside, but no matter how much I tried to reduce it to essentials, it seemed to resist surrendering things like the instructions for my camera, extra napkins, duplicate lipsticks or hand lotion, spare sunglasses, and something to read just-in-case.

Now that I am transferring all the contents from one purse to another almost daily (don't laugh, stay with me here), the nonessentials stand out as the useless baggage they really are. It's more apprarant that I am never going to do anything complicated with my camera, and that one lipstick, one tissue, one lotion is sufficient. Receipts, lists, gum wrappers all get dealt with regularly.

We're all different. This system works for me, so maybe it will work for some others.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH