SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gena_hooper

Please vote! (two layouts)

Gena Hooper
14 years ago

Could you please choose which of these layouts you like better? The first is the one I've worked on for a while. It uses the space as it already exists.

The second involves taking out the old window and putting in a new window further along the wall. It will take framing, electrical (rerouting any wires in the wall), and plumbing changes (adding on to an existing steam pipe and adding a steam toekick heater). Also a little exterior work (replacing cedar shingles and painting). However, it gives lots more prep space between sink and range, and I've noticed my husband and I battle for space in that corner.

The image below is meant to show the space. The layout pictured is #1. The refrigerator wall will be the same for either layout. The top opening leads to the mudroom and back hallway. The lower opening leads to the dining room. This will not necessarily be a white kitchen. Probably painted (pale yellow or warm putty) or a light wood (natural cherry or clear pine).

Which do you like better? Any thoughts on improving either or general comments? Thanks!

Comments (21)