SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
groovia

Trimless windows and closets with giant sliding doors

groovia
13 years ago

I have windows and closets that have no trim around the outsides to frame them, so I'm not sure what to do about painting.

Here's an example of the windows. This room will be painted BM Georgian Green with navy blue accents (curtains, bedding, etc). Possibly a navy stripe around the top or middle of the room. (Little boys' room)

Would you paint the inside of the window frame the same as the wall color? The bottom sill will be a white semi-gloss or high gloss (not sure what you typically use), so should the interior of the window frame match the sill, the wall color, or would you do something a little different, like paint the interior navy?

Another concern are the closets. They are floor to ceiling sliding doors, that are also lacking trim. The first question is what color to paint the closet doors (wall color or accent color), and would you do anything to the gold/bronze metal trim on the door?

The second is the interior since there is no trim to create a clear separation. On one side, the wall and interior of the closet are only separated by the door. With the door open, you see that wall goes straight to the back of the closet. Would you carry the wall color all along that wall straight back, so one wall of the closet is painted? I don't particularly want to do that, because it would be a huge pain, given that there are all kinds of shelves and things in there...

In the Georgian Green bedroom (1st pic) since I'd thought about running a navy blue stripe in the room, I wondered if I should create a border there, and run a blue stripe down along that wall in front of the closet so there would be a clearer separation between closet and wall color. But then again, that may look stupid.

So--- wwyd, with trimless windows and closets and those giant sliding doors?

Comments (4)