SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Counting chikkuns thread #2. Better layout pics

deedles
12 years ago

DISCLAIMER: We don't live here yet, just stay here while working on the remodeling. I am neither this decor challenged nor this much of a slob in real life.

Okay. Better pics (I hope) of each wall layout idea and how it looks now in real life. Comments/ideas on my proposed cab layout welcomed.

Wall 1 south facing. Note DH's leg depicted in the doorway:

How it looks today. Note DH right where I depicted him:

Wall 2 West facing:

#1 version for Lavender :) with the big green sink!:

#2 version with a 30" apron front. The window can come down to the counter and the counter top will be the window 'sill'. This gives some space for plants in the window. I'm guessing this also means I'll be washing the windows more often, too.

How this wall looks now (forgive the mess):

Wall 3 North facing (basement stairs behind it). Put a 36" CD fridge in there. Dianolo, a 60" fridge/freezer setup just doesn't seem to fit without losing storage. Also, is a 15" wide broom closet door wide enough to reach into and grab, well the broom etc? It will extend back to the FP wall and I could have some shelves back there. Wonder if I can reach that far? Not sure I can fit my butt into a 15" wide door. Thoughts?:

How this wall looks now. We truly don't drink for a living, just don't make it to the recycling center often enough:

Wall 4 East facing. Back of fireplace. Opens to LR.

How this looks now:

And from the LR side. Please note my blue tape redition of a fireplace and hearth. The left wall that currently runs up the left side of the opening will be open FP mantel (sp?) if I get my way, so as to open the view to the kitchen/porch from the LR:

If you've made it this far, Thank You! As I've said before, this whole thing will be gutted to the studs, so pay no attention to the 1975 dropped ceiling/walls/shag and whatever offends thine eye.

Fire away!

Comments (16)