SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd_gw

ABC's Once Upon a Time

ttodd
12 years ago

Besides being totally wrapped up in the plot line I am also completely intrigued by and enjoying the set design of the various places of Storybrooke.

Anyone else?

I'd almost describe it as 'Edgey Romantic' totally befitting of a darker grown-up fairytale.

I love the use of wallpapers and murals throughout the sets, the non-white trims and doors. The forest theme that seems to run throughout many of the homes and places of business.

The diner is featured quite a bit and last week I was noticing the wonderful wallpaper and chartruese trim. I just thought 'how cool!'. I included a link to that below.

The motel w/ it's wonderful mish-mash of corals & pinks & wallpaper is wonderful as well as the Mayor's office wallpapered w/ black and white birch trees.

We're also watching Grimm and am so appreciative of the Craftsman style home and decor. The kitchen w/ it's tealish/ green cabinets are so bold and wonderful.

It's all such a refreshing change from, say, the Housewives sets that caused such a stir a few yrs. ago.

While I don't think that this 'Fairytale' decorating is going to set the world on fire like Houswives did, I do think that it will have some passionate followers that use it as a jumping off point to let their individual quirky style unabashadly run rampant.

Just my .02 cents!

Here is a link that might be useful: Storybrooke Diner

Comments (44)