SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jleigh84_gw

Need help choosing a stainless steel sink

jleigh84
10 years ago

I have a 36 inch sink cabinet and I am planning to put in a new single basin stainless steel sink. I have recently purchased some beautiful soapstone for our counter tops and I have a template appointment scheduled for next week. I need some help deciding on a sink before then. I was initially considering an Elkay sink (18 gauge stainless steel, 27L x 22W x 10H, with the "slim rim" "SoundGaurd" and "perfect drain" features) which would run me about $1,000. I can't help but wonder if this sink is overpriced. As it turns out, the place that I am purchasing my soapstone from, Busch Products in Central NY, has a promotion where they offer to include a free IPT brand stainless steel sink with the purchase and installation of my counter tops. The IPT sink is also 18 gauge, it is 30L x 18W x 9H, and it also has a sound barrier coating...and it is free. Does anyone have any experience with IPT sinks? Are they good enough quality for me to accept this deal or is it worth it for me to spend more on a brand name sink?

Comments (16)